At each age, skin care has its own characteristics. In order to maintain the youthfulness of the face, it is necessary to follow the basic principles of proper age skin care from the youthful years.
In order to preserve the youthfulness of the face, it is necessary to adhere to the basic principles of proper age skin care from the youthful years.
Before talking about the basic rules of skin care, it is worth recalling that self-care begins with a healthy lifestyle. Inner harmony, rejection of bad habits, active lifestyle and proper nutrition – all these will have a positive effect in a complex. Our appearance, including our skin condition, is just a manifestation of the processes occurring in the body. Above all, a solid foundation for a good lifestyle must be laid.
So, the basic principles of skin care.
Up to 20 years of age – adolescence and youth.
The main skin problems at this age are blackheads, acne and various skin irritations. The reason for this is that the sebaceous glands are not yet normalized until the age of 20. Many people who remember themselves as a teenager believe that at this age, you can not worry about such problems, which over time will disappear on their own. But they’re not. The teenage period is a transitional time, both for the body and for the formation of the psyche of a teenager. Various arising and unresolved problems of this age have an impact on character formation. A teenager who feels uncomfortable in communicating with others because of his or her appearance, closes himself or herself in. Therefore, it is said that skin care is also necessary at a young age.
During this period, it is necessary to perform various cleansing procedures with the help of lotions, as well as 1-2 times a week to renew skin scrub. As cleansing lotions, use natural products that can be prepared at home:
- Tea lotion: Add 2 tbsp. of lemon juice to 1 glass of chilled green tea. Use a cotton swab to wipe your face with this mixture. The lotion is great for oily skin, improving complexion and making the skin matte.
- Cucumber Lotion: finely grind or rub a few cucumbers on the grater. 3 tbsp. of the obtained mass pour 1 glass of boiling water. Cover with a lid and leave until completely cooled. Wipe your face with the resulting mass. Suitable for normal skin.
- Moisturizing lotion: mix 1 tbsp. of wheat germ oil, 1 tbsp. of apricot oil and a few drops of rose essential oil. Suitable for dry skin.
20-30 years old
At this age, the first signs of skin aging may already appear.
- Avoid being exposed to the sun for too long: it may prematurely dry out and age the skin.
- Fruits, plant extracts and herbal extracts containing antioxidants effectively stop the body from aging.
- Nourishing procedures with moisturizing creams can be performed for dry skin.
During this time, the top layer renewal slows down and the first wrinkles may appear.
- periodically cleanse the skin.
- protect the face from the harmful effects of sun, dry air and frost. Before going outside in winter, apply goose fat or some vegetable oil to your face. In frosty weather cosmetologists do not recommend the use of cream, because it contains moisture, which can lead to overcooling of the skin.
- give massages and face exercises.
- Soften the skin around your eyes. Massage with a piece of ice. This massage improves blood circulation.
- Clean the skin 1-2 times a week with a scrub.
Use face masks:
- A mask of boiled potatoes with milk and yolk will help to improve firmness, smoothness of the skin and remove wrinkles. The mask should be applied to the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash away with warm water.
- Carrot mask: 2 medium size carrots rubbed on a fine grater, add 1 tsp. olive oil or sour cream. Apply to the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Cucumber mask: grate 1 cucumber on a grater, add 1 tsp. cream and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply to the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Apple mask: grate 1-2 green apples, add whipped protein. Apply to skin for 15-20 minutes, rinse off with warm water.
At this age it is recommended to carry out the same procedures as at 30-40 years old, but with small additions:
- cleanse the skin with yarrow, mint, chamomile, sage and lime flowers infusion.
- For oily skin, washing with diluted water lemon juice is suitable.
- to eliminate skin lethargy (except skin with dilated blood vessels) use bee products. They improve the blood circulation of the skin. Also try the juices of buckthorn and ginseng.
- When rubbing your face with lotion, do it with gentle movements without stretching the skin along so-called skin lines. Skin lines are the areas along which the skin is least likely to be stretched.
- Use oil, yolk and fruit masks as well as masks made of a mixture of dry grasses.
These masks effectively nourish the skin.
Aloe leaf lotion will protect your skin from weathered and excessive dryness. To prepare it, take 100g of finely sliced aloe leaves and put them in the fridge for 10-12 hours. After this time, pour 0.5 litres of cold water into the leaves. Allow to infuse 2-3 hours, then bring to boil on low heat. Cool the mixture, strain and add 1 tbsp. glycerin. Such a mixture can be stored in the refrigerator.
50 or more…
From this age, the ageing of the skin slows down. During this period, it is good to use products that penetrate deeply into the skin.
Banana mask. For its preparation you need to mix 1 tbsp banana, sour cream and honey, add an egg yolk. Apply the mass to the skin for 15-20 minutes. This mask deeply moisturizes and tightens the skin. It can be applied 2-3 times a week.
No matter how old you are or what your skin type, you should remember that one of the main causes of skin ageing is lack of moisture. To avoid this, drink enough clean water. This can be both purified water and spring water.